Title: Digital Assets Manager
Reports to: MALiA President
Effective Date: 1/1/2022
The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) is seeking applications for Digital Assets Manager, a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per month to be paid at a rate of $750.00 per quarter).
The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) Digital Assets Manager serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website, handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure the site aligns with the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Digital Assets Manager also oversees MALiA’s Google Workspace account, administering email and shared digital workspace for this position, as well as the Business Manager and Contracts Administrator.
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the MALiA website.
- Maintains domain and hosting for MALiA website
- Update website content, including meeting minutes, programs, contracts documents and updates, and membership related information.
- Making sure the website is search engine optimized.
- Ensure site security.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity.
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images.
- Address user issues and suggestions.
- Proofing the website for consistency, continuity and basic grammatical and spelling errors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee Google Workspaces account
- Oversee MALiA Google Group
- Assist the Business Manager and Contracts Manager with technical issues with the website, Google Workspaces, and other software/sites (Quicken, Square, etc.) as needed
MALiA is a consortium of approximately 250 public, academic, school and special libraries based predominately in Virginia, and including libraries in Tennessee, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, and Florida.
Submit a letter of application and resume outlining qualifications to Kelly McBride Delph, MALiA President, email@example.com by December 15.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy