Contact: Omar Ahmed, Team Lead- Account Manager
Our organization services over 10,000 educational institutions and organizations in North America such as colleges, school districts, charter schools and private schools and organizations such as businesses and consumer use.
I am offering an additional 5-15% discount on top of our weekly specials. (This is something only available to members)
We have been in business since 1981 and for the last two decades we’ve been helping educational institutions in North America increase their computing power while cutting budgets and offering superior service. We do this by providing brand name new and recertified equipment that is half the price of new while giving such comprehensive and easy warranties that take the uncertainty out of the used market. Throughout our years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the challenges faced by educators and how to overcome them in the most cost-effective way. This knowledge and commitment have allowed us to offer top notch solutions for our customers. We’re here to help and our goal is to help you fulfill yours.
Our business philosophy
We believe it is essential for educational facilities to have access to technology in order to maximize their students’ education. We know that you have unique challenges and by focusing on meeting them we’ve gained loyal customers.
We’re the good guys. We provide what we promise, we give excellent service and most importantly we give you a real partner relationship in the industry.
Our Growing Team
- 132 Dedicated Account Managers
- 63 A+ Certified Technicians
- 88 Logistics Team members
- 9 Customer Service Representatives
- 17 Management Team members
- 53 General Office Staff
- 21 Sales Team Leads
CDI Computer Dealers Inc. was founded in 1981 with a specific focus on selling new and refurbished I.T. hardware and a mission to provide quality, affordable equipment. For over 20 years CDI’s efforts have been concentrated on educational customers and we’ve come to intimately understand their challenges, restrictions and needs. As a result, we’ve adapted our internal policies and procedures to provide the best possible experience.
This commitment established CDI as the leading supplier of recertified I.T. to Education clients in North America where we’re currently supporting approximately one million devices in schools and districts. For the past 10 years, CDI has enjoyed double digit growth year over year.
To ensure CDI’s continued growth we monitor market trends and adapt to the requirements of our clients. We not only look to improve on our processes but also expand our product lines.
- In 2008, CDI introduced the “Second Touch” to our recertification process, ensuring that we use the most advanced, effective way to refurbish technology products. This attention to detail has resulted in a reduction of failure rates to below the industry average for brand new equipment.
- Also in 2008, we forged a partnership with a leading manufacturer of mobile carts and storage unit products to become the exclusive distributor of the mobiLAB® line.
- In 2010, CDI became one of only a few companies worldwide to receive both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Certifications.
- In 2011, we introduced Asset Recovery Services, building on experience gained from years of involvement in the Information Technology Asset Disposition (ITAD) market and establishing CDI as a true full life-cycle technology solution provider.
- Since 2011, CDI has been recognized by Microsoft as their largest worldwide partner providing Refurbished Technology to schools through the MAR and RRP programs.
- Working directly with manufacturers, we brought in our own line of education-ready tablets, known as UNOBOOK®, in 2012.
- Another expansion of our product line in 2012 saw the launch our Enterprise Solution Sales (ESS) division, offering recertified servers, networking, data storage and telephony equipment.
- In November 2013,H.I.G. Growth, one of the world’s largest Private Equity firms, made a strategic investment in CDI, giving us access to investment capital and business expertise to further assist in our growth.
2014 has brought multiple milestones for CDI:
- Our company reached 400 full-time employees
- We became an authorized Google Apps reseller to help our clients shift into the cloud
- We surpassed $110,000,000 in annual sales
Direct Line: 905-946-3368
Toll Free: 1.888.226.5727 Ext 3368
CDI Computer Dealers Inc.
500 North Michigan Avenue. Suite 600
Chicago, Illinois, United States 60611
130 South Town Centre Blvd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada L6G 1B8