Open Position: MALiA Contract Administrator
The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) is seeking applications for the Contract Administrator, a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per month to be paid at a rate of $2,125.00 per quarter).
- Prepare RFPs for library materials, serials, and supplies;
- Issue contracts in accordance with the Virginia Procurement regulations & rules;
- Keep abreast of the Virginia Procurement regulations & rule;
- Maintain list of current vendors;
- Notify vendors & users of changes and/or additions to RFPs;
- Assist members in resolving outstanding issues regarding contracts;
- Evaluate annually vendor services through a member survey;
- Provide content and updated information to webmaster;
- Coordinate evaluation of RFPs;
- Make presentations to MALiA and other interested groups;
- Maintain files and provide members with requested documentation;
- Attend MALiA business meetings; and.
- Assist in promoting MALiA membership.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Virginia procurement regulations & rules;
- Knowledge of library acquisitions;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures;
- Experience in dealing with vendors; and
- Experience in writing RFPs.
Must be able to attend MALiA’s quarterly Executive Committee meetings, typically in January, April, July, and October in-person with programs in the Spring and Fall and by ZOOM in the Winter and Summer or as needed.
MALiA is a consortium of more than 250 public, academic, school and special libraries based predominately in Virginia, including Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Submit a letter of application and resume outlining qualifications to Kelly McBride, MALiA Vice-President/President Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 6, 2020.