Title: Digital Assets Manager
Reports to: MALiA President
Effective Date: 1/1/2022
The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) is seeking applications for Digital Assets Manager, a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per month to be paid at a rate of $750.00 per quarter).
The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) Digital Assets Manager serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website, handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure the site aligns with the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Digital Assets Manager also oversees MALiA’s Google Workspace account, administering email and shared digital workspace for this position, as well as the Business Manager and Contracts Administrator.
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the MALiA website.
- Maintains domain and hosting for MALiA website
- Update website content, including meeting minutes, programs, contracts documents and updates, and membership related information.
- Making sure the website is search engine optimized.
- Ensure site security.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity.
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images.
- Address user issues and suggestions.
- Proofing the website for consistency, continuity and basic grammatical and spelling errors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee Google Workspaces account
- Oversee MALiA Google Group
- Assist the Business Manager and Contracts Manager with technical issues with the website, Google Workspaces, and other software/sites (Quicken, Square, etc.) as needed
MALiA is a consortium of approximately 250 public, academic, school and special libraries based predominately in Virginia, and including libraries in Tennessee, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, and Florida.
Submit a letter of application and resume outlining qualifications to Kelly McBride Delph, MALiA President, email@example.com by December 15.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
There will be a MALiA virtual membership meeting June 11 at 2:00 pm. Access information will be sent shortly.
Please save Friday, March 20, at 10:30am for our next Youth Services meeting at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library in Christiansburg.
The topic will be discussing favorite youth books from 2019. Everyone should bring their favorite picture book, chapter book, and YA book from 2019 for discussion.
Also, we will be offering summer reading incentives. Please RSVP to Sarah Largen, the Children’s MALiA President, and be present in order to receive these incentives.
Please save the date for the MALiA Fall Meeting and Program, Friday November 1 at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
Please save Friday, November 15 at 10:30am for our next Youth Services meeting at the Montgomery Floyd Regional Library in Christiansburg.
The topic will be libraries having diverse books for the youth with special guest Marissa Blankinship, Community Services Assistant at the Roanoke Public Libraries Youth Services Department.
Please save Friday, August 9 at 10:30am for our next Youth Services meeting at the Montgomery Floyd Regional Library in Christiansburg. The topic will be Summer Reading Triumphs and Failures.
MALiA Spring 2019 Meeting
Click here to register
Theme: Learning from past MALiA Innovation Grant winners.
Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
Location: Main Library of the Washington County Public Library System
205 Oak Hill St NE
Abingdon, VA 24210
10 AM – 11 AM: Spring Meeting
11 AM – 12 PM: Session #1 – Presentation from Emily Krug, King University
12 PM – 1 PM: Lunch
1 PM – 1:30 PM: Session #2 – Presentation from Jenny Horton, Lynchburg University
1:30 PM – 2 PM: Q&A with presenters, socializing opportunity
Assorted pastries, juice, and coffee will be available in the morning. Lunch will be off-campus. Feel free to explore some of the great local options Abingdon has to offer!
For any questions, please contact Emily Correa, firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-332-9658.
The next MALiA Youth Services meeting will be April 5th at 10:30am at the Salem Public Library.
Save the date for our next Youth Services meeting:
Friday, November 16 at 10:30am
Bristol Public Library
Lunch will be sponsored by MALiA.
The Fall 2018 MALiA Fall Meeting will be Friday, October 26th from 10am-2pm at the Timbrook Library in Lynchburg, Virginia. Public Services Librarian Dana Bomba will present on both management and being a “jack-of-all-trades” in the library.
To register, go to https://goo.gl/forms/tDJdpF5ikc6geRaR2.
Location: Timbrook Library (part of the Campbell County Public Library System)
18891 Leesville Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Assorted pastries, juice, and coffee will be available in the morning. In the afternoon, you can select a meal from Panera Catering, or opt to provide your own lunch. Lunches from Panera will be $10, and payment is requested at the meeting.
For any questions, please contact Emily Correa, email@example.com, 434-369-5140.